Rabbi Alan Greenbaum will lead a free tour to four locations in Nevada County and discuss “Jews of the Gold Rush.” A caravan organized by the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Harim will include visits to Williams Stationary, two cemeteries and the original home of Aaron Baruh. The group will meet at 10 am. Sunday at 506 Walsh St. in Grass Valley and return for snacks at the temple after the tour. Those interested in making reservations may call Fieni Verdooner at (530) 272-3455 or Anita DuPratt at (530) 272-2995.
- Grass Valley man arrested after alleged shoplifting incident leads to injured store employee
- Nevada Union High School's Luke Browning honored as Nevada County Teacher of the Year
- Meet Your Merchant: Sparks are flying at Ace Welding
- Nevada City's Alpha building receives long-planned makeover
- Wild car chase ends in man's arrest