Rabbi Alan Greenbaum will lead a free tour to four locations in Nevada County and discuss “Jews of the Gold Rush.” A caravan organized by the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Harim will include visits to Williams Stationary, two cemeteries and the original home of Aaron Baruh. The group will meet at 10 am. Sunday at 506 Walsh St. in Grass Valley and return for snacks at the temple after the tour. Those interested in making reservations may call Fieni Verdooner at (530) 272-3455 or Anita DuPratt at (530) 272-2995.
- Nevada Union teen dies as result of car crash injuries
- Community rallies around critically injured NU football player
- ID released, no cause of death determined in suspicious death in Grass Valley
- Tassone assault suspect deemed not mentally competent to stand trial
- Friday Night Live: High school football kicks off here! (Live chat, photos, video)