Rabbi Alan Greenbaum will lead a free tour to four locations in Nevada County and discuss “Jews of the Gold Rush.” A caravan organized by the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Harim will include visits to Williams Stationary, two cemeteries and the original home of Aaron Baruh. The group will meet at 10 am. Sunday at 506 Walsh St. in Grass Valley and return for snacks at the temple after the tour. Those interested in making reservations may call Fieni Verdooner at (530) 272-3455 or Anita DuPratt at (530) 272-2995.
- Nevada County industry pioneer, community icon Lowell Robinson dies at 86
- Heal thyself: Practicing yoga as therapy
- Telemedicine brings world-class health care to ICU
- Cute and comfortable: at Mill Street Clothing Company, it's all about customer preferences
- Police Blotter: Man looking for a cold beer, belligerent patient in emergency room