Rabbi Alan Greenbaum will lead a free tour to four locations in Nevada County and discuss “Jews of the Gold Rush.” A caravan organized by the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Harim will include visits to Williams Stationary, two cemeteries and the original home of Aaron Baruh. The group will meet at 10 am. Sunday at 506 Walsh St. in Grass Valley and return for snacks at the temple after the tour. Those interested in making reservations may call Fieni Verdooner at (530) 272-3455 or Anita DuPratt at (530) 272-2995.
- 2 men in jail, 2 injured in suspected honey oil lab explosion, fire outside of Nevada City
- More alleged victims testify in second week of Gold Country Lenders trial
- Police blotter: Unhappy customer drops pants to moon employee
- New Grass Valley police officers, firefighter aim to serve
- Back for more: Amgen Tour of California, Nevada City build on history of mutual benefits