Rabbi Alan Greenbaum will lead a free tour to four locations in Nevada County and discuss “Jews of the Gold Rush.” A caravan organized by the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Harim will include visits to Williams Stationary, two cemeteries and the original home of Aaron Baruh. The group will meet at 10 am. Sunday at 506 Walsh St. in Grass Valley and return for snacks at the temple after the tour. Those interested in making reservations may call Fieni Verdooner at (530) 272-3455 or Anita DuPratt at (530) 272-2995.
- Spontaneous combustion makes oily rags catch fire downtown
- Nevada County judge postpones decision on Penn Valley permit case
- Police Blotter: Widespread theft, squatters with stolen mail reported in Grass Valley garage
- Nevada Union High School gets second bomb threat before winter break
- Neighborhood eyesore: Break-ins, vandalism reports frequent at HEW building