Rabbi Alan Greenbaum will lead a free tour to four locations in Nevada County and discuss “Jews of the Gold Rush.” A caravan organized by the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Harim will include visits to Williams Stationary, two cemeteries and the original home of Aaron Baruh. The group will meet at 10 am. Sunday at 506 Walsh St. in Grass Valley and return for snacks at the temple after the tour. Those interested in making reservations may call Fieni Verdooner at (530) 272-3455 or Anita DuPratt at (530) 272-2995.
- Man seriously injured in Hwy 20 and Pleasant Valley Rd. car crash
- Turkey Trot: Nevada County celebrates Thanksgiving, raises money for suicide prevention at 10th annual race
- Alleged Nevada County embezzler arrested in Oregon
- Police Blotter: Juvenile accidentally calls 911; he was trying to call his mom
- Experts: California home sales will rise in 2016