Rabbi Alan Greenbaum will lead a free tour to four locations in Nevada County and discuss “Jews of the Gold Rush.” A caravan organized by the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Harim will include visits to Williams Stationary, two cemeteries and the original home of Aaron Baruh. The group will meet at 10 am. Sunday at 506 Walsh St. in Grass Valley and return for snacks at the temple after the tour. Those interested in making reservations may call Fieni Verdooner at (530) 272-3455 or Anita DuPratt at (530) 272-2995.
- Grass Valley police: Man chokes 2 women, gets stabbed with scissors
- Caring for the caregiver: Free respite care coming to Nevada County
- Man contacts police over other people using his drugs
- Colfax High School student arrested, accused of making threats
- Online courses set to begin Oct. 12 for senior cohousing