Rabbi Alan Greenbaum will lead a free tour to four locations in Nevada County and discuss “Jews of the Gold Rush.” A caravan organized by the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Harim will include visits to Williams Stationary, two cemeteries and the original home of Aaron Baruh. The group will meet at 10 am. Sunday at 506 Walsh St. in Grass Valley and return for snacks at the temple after the tour. Those interested in making reservations may call Fieni Verdooner at (530) 272-3455 or Anita DuPratt at (530) 272-2995.
- Washington murder victim, dog both shot
- Terry Lamphier: Big development is progress? Really?
- Nevada City's Summer Nights festival brings the music (PHOTO GALLERY)
- Nevada County marijuana: Officials, grower advocate discuss next steps for grow rules
- Andy Burton: What good are rules without accountability?