The 45th annual Gem and Mineral Show this weekend is a local favorite for children and adults alike. This year’s event includes special displays of fossils, dinosaur bones and petrified wood, as well as numerous gem and mineral collections. Dealers with beads, pearls and more will be on hand with ready-to-wear jewelry or pieces to make your own. Watch local artisans at work. The event is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Nevada County Fairgrounds main building, 11228 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley. For information, visit http://www.ncgms.org.
- Board of Supervisors plans to double down on growing restrictions
- Tight housing market the 'new normal' in Nevada County (GRAPH)
- Loraine Webb: Reasonable regulation needed on county cannabis
- Six-greenhouse pot grow in South County busted
- Puppies by the dozen: 12 newborns up for adoption at Grass Valley Animal Shelter