The 45th annual Gem and Mineral Show this weekend is a local favorite for children and adults alike. This year’s event includes special displays of fossils, dinosaur bones and petrified wood, as well as numerous gem and mineral collections. Dealers with beads, pearls and more will be on hand with ready-to-wear jewelry or pieces to make your own. Watch local artisans at work. The event is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Nevada County Fairgrounds main building, 11228 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley. For information, visit http://www.ncgms.org.
- Housing element project critics want Nevada County to cast wider net for high density housing (INTERACTIVE MAP)
- Western Nevada County community supports family in racial incident
- George Boardman: Pension burden threatens to crowd out services taxpayers expect
- Grass Valley trucker arrested on child sex charges
- Power outage impacts more than 3,500 in western Nevada County Wednesday