The 45th annual Gem and Mineral Show this weekend is a local favorite for children and adults alike. This year’s event includes special displays of fossils, dinosaur bones and petrified wood, as well as numerous gem and mineral collections. Dealers with beads, pearls and more will be on hand with ready-to-wear jewelry or pieces to make your own. Watch local artisans at work. The event is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Nevada County Fairgrounds main building, 11228 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley. For information, visit http://www.ncgms.org.
- Sierra College Rocklin campus to host job fair on Halloween
- Reported assault victim ends up in jail on multiple charges
- Couple in animal neglect case gets 30 days, community service
- Grass Valley man with 3 prior convictions arrested for reported DUI
- Sierra Nevada ranks in top 5 percent of nation’s hospitals in pulmonary care Healthgrades also gives SNMH a five-star rating for treatment of heart attack, stroke, pneumonia and infection