Licensed Clinical Social Worker Lynette Weiss, and mental health consultant Marge Kaiser, M.A., are collaborating to provide a stress management support group for women with auto-immune disorders. The support group will run six consecutive Mondays beginning noon to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 15. The course includes assessment of current stress levels, specific techniques for managing stress, including humor, self-care, how to communicate with your doctor and the role of exercise, nutrition and spiritual practice in long-term health care. Weiss has been working for several years with clients who have auto-immune disorders and Kaiser has taught stress management and led women’s groups for over 10 years. Their collaboration provides an opportunity for participants to benefit from their collective expertise. The support group is covered by most health insurances, or there is a nominal sliding scale for those who need assistance.
Stress management support group for women with auto-immune disorders
Trending in: News
- Murder victim remembered as generous, gentle man
- Grass Valley man sentenced to 80 months in crime spree that included extensive manhunt
- Electric cars need charging stations in Nevada County
- Nevada City homicide victim identified
- Miners vs. Niners: Nevada Union set to take on San Francisco 49ers in fundraising basketball game