The KARE Crisis Nursery is hosting its third annual KARE Affaire at 5 p.m. Oct. 6 at the 200-acre Rincon Del Rio Estate on the Bear River. It begins with appetizers and a hosted bar on the river patio followed by a catered dinner, including wines. The evening continues with desserts and a silent auction at the estate home, followed by the event highlight — a variety of our most colorful local citizens modeling elaborate handmade costumes, which will then be auctioned off. Dancing under the stars around the infinity pool culminates this amazing evening. The proceeds benefit KARE (Kid’s Assistance and Respite in Emergencies) Crisis Nursery, a home where families under stress can bring their small children for respite or emergency child care when no other resources are available to them. The ticket price is $70 per person or $600 for a table of 10.
Towntalk: Sept. 25, 2012
Trending in: News
- Man reportedly tried to lure girl into SUV in Nevada County
- Modesto couple arrested for check forgery after Grass Valley traffic stop
- Thinner Winners: Partcipants shed more than 1,000 pounds
- Police blotter: Girl selling cookies a cause for concern
- Nevada County Superintendent of Schools Hermansen supports new computer-based testing