Eskaton participants enjoy the first session of George Feineman Memorial Day — The Longest Day, a fundraiser for the ALZ Foundation, on June 21. Eskaton raised about $1,369 plus ACBL sanction fees in this sunrise to sunset event, playing bridge for about 16 hours. There were three other sessions. The sunrise session had 16 participants; the 9 a.m. session had 40 participants; the 12:30 p.m. session had 52 players; and the final session at 4:15 p.m. had 20 participants. Eskaton Grass Valley hosted the event and provided snacks and beverages throughout the day.
- Police blotter: Suspicious man arrested on suspicion of failing to register as sex offender
- Riebes shows their appreciation for local law enforcement
- Honey oil lab charges in dispute
- Strawberry Music Festival returns with stellar line-up
- Nevada County groups seek remembrance, honor with Memorial Day Plaque Tour