Eskaton participants enjoy the first session of George Feineman Memorial Day — The Longest Day, a fundraiser for the ALZ Foundation, on June 21. Eskaton raised about $1,369 plus ACBL sanction fees in this sunrise to sunset event, playing bridge for about 16 hours. There were three other sessions. The sunrise session had 16 participants; the 9 a.m. session had 40 participants; the 12:30 p.m. session had 52 players; and the final session at 4:15 p.m. had 20 participants. Eskaton Grass Valley hosted the event and provided snacks and beverages throughout the day.
- Camping in the backyard: Inn Town Campground in Nevada City set to open this summer
- Sheriff: Narcotics officer cleared of misconduct after months-long investigation
- The ski industry: Western, Lake Tahoe resort bookings continue uptick
- Meyer found guilty on three counts, faces more than four years in prison
- Dist. 2 supes candidates clash on Measure W