Eskaton participants enjoy the first session of George Feineman Memorial Day — The Longest Day, a fundraiser for the ALZ Foundation, on June 21. Eskaton raised about $1,369 plus ACBL sanction fees in this sunrise to sunset event, playing bridge for about 16 hours. There were three other sessions. The sunrise session had 16 participants; the 9 a.m. session had 40 participants; the 12:30 p.m. session had 52 players; and the final session at 4:15 p.m. had 20 participants. Eskaton Grass Valley hosted the event and provided snacks and beverages throughout the day.
- Sexual allegation against Milhous Children's Services dismissed; facility's reporting still murky
- Police blotter: Calelr reports bear in house on Banner Mountain
- Parenting classes being offered for Spanish speakers
- Support local trails at Summer Thyme's Bakery through the summer
- Nevada County Kids Fire Camp sparks fun