Eskaton participants enjoy the first session of George Feineman Memorial Day — The Longest Day, a fundraiser for the ALZ Foundation, on June 21. Eskaton raised about $1,369 plus ACBL sanction fees in this sunrise to sunset event, playing bridge for about 16 hours. There were three other sessions. The sunrise session had 16 participants; the 9 a.m. session had 40 participants; the 12:30 p.m. session had 52 players; and the final session at 4:15 p.m. had 20 participants. Eskaton Grass Valley hosted the event and provided snacks and beverages throughout the day.
- Half-pound of heroin, 200 pot plants, $26K seized in Penn Valley drug bust
- Traffic stop in Grass Valley leads to drug sale charges
- Running with Alzheimer's: Teammates, road races provide purpose for lifelong runner (VIDEO)
- Nevada County group pushes for more restrictive outdoor pot grow ordinance
- Nevada County awards $1M contract to Penn Valley firm for Loma Rica-Brunswick intersection