The Gold Country Lions held its ninth annual Motorcycle Poker Run Saturday with 156 riders who traveled 97 miles through western Nevada County. The event started with a breakfast hosted by the Higgins Lions Club and ended at Greenhorn Campground at Rollins Lake. The run raised money for Sierra Services for the Blind and NEO.
- Suspect ID'd in Grass Valley church assault
- Woman assaulted Sunday morning at St. Patrick Parish in Grass Valley
- Firefighters' fast response quickly extinguishes motor home fire in Grass Valley
- Parachutist recovering after accident at Lake of the Pines Fourth of July celebration
- Penn Valley man arrested after allegedly fleeing from, then ramming law enforcement vehicle