The Gold Country Lions held its ninth annual Motorcycle Poker Run Saturday with 156 riders who traveled 97 miles through western Nevada County. The event started with a breakfast hosted by the Higgins Lions Club and ended at Greenhorn Campground at Rollins Lake. The run raised money for Sierra Services for the Blind and NEO.
- Seven arrested, 840 plants seized at Smartsville marijuana grow
- Woman sentenced in drunken boating case
- Brothers sentenced to life without parole for murder of Brian Spalding
- George Boardman: Virtual, augmented reality? We have plenty of experience in those areas
- Mark Schaefer: We can do better than Measure W