The Gold Country Lions held its ninth annual Motorcycle Poker Run Saturday with 156 riders who traveled 97 miles through western Nevada County. The event started with a breakfast hosted by the Higgins Lions Club and ended at Greenhorn Campground at Rollins Lake. The run raised money for Sierra Services for the Blind and NEO.
- LOWELL FIRE: More than 800 fight Lowell Fire in Nevada, Placer counties (PHOTOS) (VIDEO)
- LOWELL FIRE: Injured firefighters released (VIDEO)
- YOUR SHOTS: Grass Valley, Nevada City community on high alert over Lowell Fire
- Cal Fire: 30% containment of the Lowell Fire; full containment by end of month
- UPDATE: Air quality worsened Sunday from Lowell Fire smoke