The Nevada County Horsemen hosted a demonstration by Company F of the 2nd California Cavalry Saturday in the Horsemen’s arena in Grass Valley, with music provided by the 5th California Infantry Band. Members of the current cavalry took the names of members from the 1800s.
- Pouring on the resources brings Lowell Fire to 60% containment (VIDEO)
- High-elevation fires prompting change in Sierra Nevada forest management
- Local fire units quash vegetation fire on Litton Trail
- U.S. Forest Service firefighter remains hospitalized after suffering serious burns in Lowell Fire
- Nevada County community helps shore up Amgen debt