The Nevada County Horsemen hosted a demonstration by Company F of the 2nd California Cavalry Saturday in the Horsemen’s arena in Grass Valley, with music provided by the 5th California Infantry Band. Members of the current cavalry took the names of members from the 1800s.
- Twenty years later, questions still linger in Sam Strange double-homicide case that shook Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- PG&E employee who died while working has been identified
- Grass Valley resident seeks to promote responsible use of public land
- Suspicious death in Washington ruled homicide, man ID'ed