The Nevada County Horsemen hosted a demonstration by Company F of the 2nd California Cavalry Saturday in the Horsemen’s arena in Grass Valley, with music provided by the 5th California Infantry Band. Members of the current cavalry took the names of members from the 1800s.
- UPDATE: Body ID'd as Donald Mark Ormsby, 51
- UPDATE: Foresthill fire burns 350 acres, 5% contained
- Grass Valley Development Review Committee to review plans for hotel, brewery
- Medical marijuana committee discusses proposed grow regulations in Nevada County
- Bear River High School senior makes progress in recovery following 'freak' football injury