The eighth annual Empty Bowl fundraiser was held at Peace Lutheran Church. Proceeds from the event went to Hospitality House/Utah’s Place, Nevada County’s homeless shelter and rehousing program. “We’re still counting how much we raised,” Pinky Zalkin, event organizer, said Sunday. She said that more than 600 people attended the eighth annual event.
- FBI called in on pot-related kidnapping on the San Juan Ridge
- Girl, 9, ok after fall in South Yuba River
- (TIMELINE) Follow along Alexander Rossi's journey of an American dream
- Regenexx: Grass Valley doctor introduces a new procedure that helps the body heal itself
- Brian Hamilton: Believe it! Nevada City's Alexander Rossi races to first place in 100th Indianapolis 500 (TIMELINE)