The eighth annual Empty Bowl fundraiser was held at Peace Lutheran Church. Proceeds from the event went to Hospitality House/Utah’s Place, Nevada County’s homeless shelter and rehousing program. “We’re still counting how much we raised,” Pinky Zalkin, event organizer, said Sunday. She said that more than 600 people attended the eighth annual event.
- Marriage at Grass Valley hospital emergency department a dream come true
- Byers Enterprises installs solar panels in Mill St. building
- George Boardman: Nevada City lets everybody else in the county do the firefighting
- State to fund Nevada County Courthouse feasibility study
- Blue Lead Mine appeal on tap for vote Tuesday at Nevada County supervisors meeting