The eighth annual Empty Bowl fundraiser was held at Peace Lutheran Church. Proceeds from the event went to Hospitality House/Utah’s Place, Nevada County’s homeless shelter and rehousing program. “We’re still counting how much we raised,” Pinky Zalkin, event organizer, said Sunday. She said that more than 600 people attended the eighth annual event.
- Sexual allegation against Milhous Children's Services dismissed; facility's reporting still murky
- Police blotter: Calelr reports bear in house on Banner Mountain
- Parenting classes being offered for Spanish speakers
- Support local trails at Summer Thyme's Bakery through the summer
- Nevada County Kids Fire Camp sparks fun