The eighth annual Empty Bowl fundraiser was held at Peace Lutheran Church. Proceeds from the event went to Hospitality House/Utah’s Place, Nevada County’s homeless shelter and rehousing program. “We’re still counting how much we raised,” Pinky Zalkin, event organizer, said Sunday. She said that more than 600 people attended the eighth annual event.
- Lane closure puts popular Nevada City bar owners under spotlight
- Local sculptor created giant panthers for Carolina team stadium
- Schedule out for Dorsey Marketplace meeting times
- Police blotter: Caller wants to discuss Zika virus
- Heidi Hall raises over $4K in campaign for Nevada County Board of Supervisors