The eighth annual Empty Bowl fundraiser was held at Peace Lutheran Church. Proceeds from the event went to Hospitality House/Utah’s Place, Nevada County’s homeless shelter and rehousing program. “We’re still counting how much we raised,” Pinky Zalkin, event organizer, said Sunday. She said that more than 600 people attended the eighth annual event.
- Housing element project critics want Nevada County to cast wider net for high density housing (INTERACTIVE MAP)
- Western Nevada County community supports family in racial incident
- George Boardman: Pension burden threatens to crowd out services taxpayers expect
- Grass Valley trucker arrested on child sex charges
- Power outage impacts more than 3,500 in western Nevada County Wednesday