The Union staff

Back to: News
February 17, 2014
Follow News

Smartsville trailer engulfed in flames


A fifth wheel travel trailer engulfed in flames lit up the sky at about 9 p.m. Friday on Mooney Flat Road in Smartsville.

The owner reportedly was trying to fix a propane generator inside the trailer. After he left for a moment, he saw smoke coming out of the trailer.

After opening the door, it only took a few minutes for the flames to reach 25 feet up in the air.

An adjacent building was saved by the quick response of the Smartsville and Penn Valley fire departments.


Stories you may be interested in

The Union Updated Feb 17, 2014 09:18AM Published Feb 19, 2014 02:46PM Copyright 2014 The Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.