North San Juan firefighters, together with California Department of Forestry, USFS Engine 31, and Camptonville Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched to an escaped debris fire at Ananda on Wednesday. The first unit at the scene found a grass fire moving into heavier fuel with several houses exposed. NSJ Engine 6160 made a frontal attack on the fire which was contained at approximately 2 acres.
- Two arrested, 650 pot plants seized in Rough and Ready
- Nevada Union High School grad faces long recovery after injuries from burn accident
- Former Nevada Union High School star dives into US Olympic swim team trials
- Victim ID'd, homicide investigation continues
- Nevada City's Inn Town Campground to open for business July 1