North San Juan firefighters, together with California Department of Forestry, USFS Engine 31, and Camptonville Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched to an escaped debris fire at Ananda on Wednesday. The first unit at the scene found a grass fire moving into heavier fuel with several houses exposed. NSJ Engine 6160 made a frontal attack on the fire which was contained at approximately 2 acres.
- Housing element project critics want Nevada County to cast wider net for high density housing (INTERACTIVE MAP)
- George Boardman: Pension burden threatens to crowd out services taxpayers expect
- Western Nevada County community supports family in racial incident
- Pedestrian dies after being struck by big rigs in Auburn
- VIDEO: Sacramento Kings Foundation helps Magnolia school replace stolen iPads