North San Juan firefighters, together with California Department of Forestry, USFS Engine 31, and Camptonville Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched to an escaped debris fire at Ananda on Wednesday. The first unit at the scene found a grass fire moving into heavier fuel with several houses exposed. NSJ Engine 6160 made a frontal attack on the fire which was contained at approximately 2 acres.
- Nevada City Council moves forward with marijuana dispensary process
- Live from Nevada Union! Live broadcast program provides learning through community collaboration
- Standing in solidarity: Peaceful protesters support Black Lives Matter movement
- False alarm: Panic button alert at bank draws police response
- Police blotter: Minor stabbing reported at Condon Park