North San Juan firefighters, together with California Department of Forestry, USFS Engine 31, and Camptonville Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched to an escaped debris fire at Ananda on Wednesday. The first unit at the scene found a grass fire moving into heavier fuel with several houses exposed. NSJ Engine 6160 made a frontal attack on the fire which was contained at approximately 2 acres.
- Community mourns Nevada Union student who died in hiking accident
- Police Blotter: Biker attacks boy, dehydrated pregnant woman
- Home at last: School helps celebrate foster children's new 'forever family'
- County launches seasonal efforts to remove illegal roadside vendors
- Honoring exceptional care, compassion