North San Juan firefighters, together with California Department of Forestry, USFS Engine 31, and Camptonville Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched to an escaped debris fire at Ananda on Wednesday. The first unit at the scene found a grass fire moving into heavier fuel with several houses exposed. NSJ Engine 6160 made a frontal attack on the fire which was contained at approximately 2 acres.
- Nevada County resident William Rolland awarded $4.6 million in Florida civil suit
- Judge rules authorities can remove marijuana grow in Nevada County appeal
- Police blotter: Elderly woman reported stuck in roundabout
- Owner of Nevada City's Stonehouse plan October opening
- Life's lessons: NU grad gathers wisdom from community elders