Mother’s Day at Empire Mine State Park
May 12, 2017
Empire Mine State Park will host "Celebrating Mother's Day with Music, Tea and Gold" Sunday.
The gardens will be in full bloom, and visitors are welcome to bring lunches, blankets and chairs, and picnic on the historic grounds.
"Backyard Swing," a talented duo from the Sacramento area will make their Empire Mine debut from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., followed by guitarist George Souza 1:30-3:30 p.m. From 2-2:30 p.m., the Forever Young Chorus will perform new renditions of old favorites near the Clubhouse. Later in the afternoon, Fire in the Kitchen will play their old-time music outside Empire Cottage.
In the Mineyard near the mine shaft, Stepside will play country-style music from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. From 2-2:30 p.m., award-winning barber shop quartet, the Forte Miners will make their Empire Mine debut under the Assay Office porch.
Brewbakers Family Café in Grass Valley has created a brand-new "24-Karrat Cake" just for Empire Mine events.
Empire Mine State Historic Park is located at 10791 E Empire St. in Grass Valley.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Entertainment
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public