Holiday Pottery Sale this weekend at Studio 540 in Nevada City
December 1, 2016
Seven potters and a glass artist will exhibit their local handmade gifts from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Sixth Annual Holiday Pottery and Glass Sale at Studio 540, 540 West Broad St., Nevada City.
Shoppers will find affordable holiday treasures such as mugs, bowls, platters, teapots, vases and ornaments as well as garden sculpture, birds and masks. The items are made by potters Yvon Dockter, Chic Lotz, Rene Sprattling, Flo Fahrenheit, Mindy Oberne, Kathleen Kershaw, Tricia Burbank and glass artist Marc Einert.
"We have something special for everyone on your list," said Lotz. In addition to showing their finest wares, the artists will offer a "seconds" area with items marked at half-price. Shop early in the day to find the best bargains.
Studio 540 is located at the top of Broad Street. Go left at the Y to the big yellow garage on the right. This historic building was Nevada City's carriage repair shop in the early 1900s.
Music, refreshments and a fire in the woodstove create an old-time festive holiday feeling.
For more information, call (530) 277-1510 http://www.Studio540.net
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Entertainment
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist was thrown into utility pole, CHP states
- Nevada County home invasion leads to arrests, authorities say
- Homeless man dying of cancer finally gets long-term care in Grass Valley
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist dies after Rough and Ready Highway wreck
- Nevada County prosecutors say review of Hollitz cases could take months, 60-80 cases could be impacted