Workshop teaches ways to help musicians perform with ease
May 23, 2013
Nora Nausbaum will offer a Musicians Workshop from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Saturday. The course is for those looking to find relief through the Alexander Technique.
Without exercises, chiro or massage, this introductory workshop will help musicians who want to learn how to play with more ease. All instruments, all levels and all vocalists (any style) can benefit from learning to uncompress while playing. Those with hand pain, back pain, neck and shoulder stiffness, hip problems, imbalance or breathing issues may find relief through the Alexander Technique.
It is used extensively in music departments, conservatories in the U.S., Europe and by working and developing musicians everywhere. The Alexander Technique is for musicians and non-musicians alike. Saturday's workshop is just for those who play or sing. Beginners welcome.
The cost is $25 and the workshop is located at 471 S. Auburn St. in Grass Valley. Pre-registration recommended since the workshop is limited to seven.
For information, contact Nausbaum at 530-798-9585 or email Nora@ATsierra.com.
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier