The Stonehouse to play host to Jamaica’s Emancipation Day celebration
July 30, 2014
Legendary Reggae Artist Sammy Dread will celebrate Jamaica's Emancipation Day with a live performance Friday in Nevada City. The event will kick off with sounds provided by local favorite Jah Mikey One Sound.
The Evening will begin warming up with Jah Mikey One spinning some conscious reggae music to dance to or enjoy some authentic Jamaican cuisine. Speaking to the importance of this holiday will be Jamaican born Gio Giza (promoter) followed by a performance by world renowned Sammy Dread. The evening will end with a dance party.
The event will take place at The Stonehouse located at 107 Sacramento Street, Nevada City. Doors open at 9 p.m. with food service available until 12:30 a.m. There is a $10 cover charge at the door.
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo