Second Sunday Film looks at energy crisis
January 10, 2013
The Peace Center of Nevada County and the Social Action Committee of the Universal Unitarian Community of the Mountains will screen "Energy Crossroads" for its Second Sunday Cinema Film Forum this weekend.
"Energy Crossroads" is an award-winning documentary that exposes the problems associated with the nation's energy consumption. It also offers concrete solutions for those who want to educate themselves and be part of the solutions in this decisive era. The film features passionate individuals, entrepreneurs, experts and scientists at the forefront of their field bringing legitimacy and expertise to the core message of the piece.
The film begins at 7 p.m. Sunday, followed by a facilitated discussion. Organic popcorn, dessert and refreshments will be available. There is a suggested donation of $5 to $10 (no one is turned away due to lack of funds). All proceeds pay the expenses of the Peace Center and Social Action Committee of the UUCM. For more information contact the Peace Center at (530) 265-0200 or visit the Peace Center's website at ncpeace.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire