Release party for award-winning wine varietal
January 10, 2013
Sierra Starr Vineyards will host a release party for its Gold medal winning Zinfandel from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
The 2009 Phil's Selection Zinfandel won a California State Fair Gold Medal. Produced by father and son Phil and Jack Starr the wine is a barrel selection of their "very best from a stellar 2009 vintage," according to the winemakers.
It features dark, juicy fruit, framed by notes of toasty blackberry pie with supple tannins and a smooth, spicy finish, they added.
The release party will be at Sierra Starr Tasting Room, 124 W. Main St. The wine will be paired with cheese and football will be on tv.
"Don't miss out on one of the most highly regarded Zinfandels we've produced yet," said Jack Starr.
The downtown tasting room is open daily from noon to 5 p.m. For information, call (530) 477-8282.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)
- Marijuana grow murder case in Nevada County judge’s hands