Release party for award-winning wine varietal
January 10, 2013
Sierra Starr Vineyards will host a release party for its Gold medal winning Zinfandel from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
The 2009 Phil's Selection Zinfandel won a California State Fair Gold Medal. Produced by father and son Phil and Jack Starr the wine is a barrel selection of their "very best from a stellar 2009 vintage," according to the winemakers.
It features dark, juicy fruit, framed by notes of toasty blackberry pie with supple tannins and a smooth, spicy finish, they added.
The release party will be at Sierra Starr Tasting Room, 124 W. Main St. The wine will be paired with cheese and football will be on tv.
"Don't miss out on one of the most highly regarded Zinfandels we've produced yet," said Jack Starr.
The downtown tasting room is open daily from noon to 5 p.m. For information, call (530) 477-8282.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire