R.L. Crabb set for book release
July 29, 2014
Local cartoonist R.L. Crabb will host a book release party for his graphic autobiography "Scablands" from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at McGee's Annex in Nevada City.
The story recounts the turning point in Crabb's life in 1990. After a messy divorce and decades of heavy substance abuse, he left Nevada County for the scablands of eastern Washington, where he took up a new profession as a repo man.
Along the way he discovered the darker side of Washington's history, and followed a path once traveled by an obscure Native American holy man.
The experience led to a renewed sense of purpose in his life's work as a storyteller and cartoonist.
His cartoons can also be seen weekly in The Union's Opinion section.
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip