Perform acoustic music Wednesdays in GV
March 26, 2014
In the Spirit of Woody, Utah and Pete, This Mic Is Your Mic is open to the public from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays, at the new Summer Thyme's location, 231 Colfax Ave. in Grass Valley.
This open-mic series is an invitation to the adventurous folk of the community who love to play and listen to live acoustic music.
"There are many very talented players and writers who don't play out at the usual venues. We're inviting them to come and share their stuff with their community and to help us create a regular Wednesday night 'event'," said host and coordinator Nory Fussell.
"One effort to establish a high quality of entertainment will be a Guest Artist Night on the 2nd Wednesday of every month and a Singer Songwriter Night on 5th Wednesdays. The guest artist will play a set, talk about their craft, do a Q&A and emcee the rest of the evening," Fussell said.
Scheduled guest artists are Juliet Gobert for April 9 and Maggie McKaig for May 14.
This Mic Is Your Mic will be Wednesdays weekly except for the third week of each month.
Those interested are asked to call 530-615- 1343 Wednesday afternoons or be at Summer Thyme's early for a 6:30 p.m. "luck of the draw" scheduling.
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed