Nevada County Women’s Writing Salon offers fall program Saturday
November 14, 2013
The Nevada County Women's Writing Salon will present its fall program at 1 p.m. Saturday at Tomes/Sierra Mountain Coffee Roasters.
Six local and regional women writers — Katie Burdick, Judy Crowe, Nanci Shandera, Elizabeth Soderstrom, Emily Surface and Loraine Webb — will read selections of their poetry and prose.
Readers will take the audience into the literary worlds of humor, tragedy, spirituality, fantasy, memoir and more in one afternoon. Men are enthusiastically welcome!
The Nevada County Women's Writing Salon, which takes place three to four times a year, was started in 2005 by Gail Entrekin and Ronnie Paul and has been produced since 2007 by local authors Betsy Graziani Fasbinder and Patricia Dove Miller.
Tomes/Sierra Mountain Coffee Roasters is located at 361 Maltman Drive, Grass Valley.
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later