Fall acting workshops offered
September 5, 2013
Local theater director, playwright and acting teacher Sandra Rockman will offer a series of fall workshops. Workshops will begin starting the week of Sept. 30 while others begin in early October.
The series will include "Truth in Acting" workshops, which are nine weeks long and cover improvisation, monologue and scene work. Classes are tailored to the experience level of the actor, whether novice or experienced. A Monday daytime or a Tuesday evening series are options.
In "Performance Art," students will write their own monologue and craft the performance of an original piece. The series will meet for eight Monday evenings.
The "Instant Improv" workshop will be Wednesday evenings for eight weeks. It begins Oct. 9.
Rockman has been involved with the local theater scene since moving here in 1978. Her original play "Promises" was featured in the 24-hour theater event last May. She will produce "Sonja Weissman and the Miracle Play" (see page 8) by local playwright, Robin Wallace, this December at the Off-Center Stage.
Class size is always limited. Pre-registration required. For information, including locations and cost, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-265-6514.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local