Experimental performance art looks into dreams Friday
May 23, 2014
Friday, a group of performers will explore dreams through a variety of artistic mediums. "Tales of the Awakened Dream" is the first in a series of three experimental performance art showcases that use movement, dance, spoken word and avant garde stage arts. The evening is "intended to delight audience members and lure them into a lucid and colorful dreamscape. This is a community-powered showcase featuring a cast of local performers and musicians in 'Mimesis': the act of resembling, the act of expression, the presentation of the self," according to curators Shellee Sepko, Rhi Winders and Elizabeth Hart.
The performance begins at 8 p.m. Friday at the Grass Valley Opera House, 120 Joerschke Drive. Tickets are $10 and are available at Brown Paper Tickets (http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/663000), by calling 530-265-1955 or at the door the night of the event.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation