Experimental performance art looks into dreams Friday
May 23, 2014
Friday, a group of performers will explore dreams through a variety of artistic mediums. "Tales of the Awakened Dream" is the first in a series of three experimental performance art showcases that use movement, dance, spoken word and avant garde stage arts. The evening is "intended to delight audience members and lure them into a lucid and colorful dreamscape. This is a community-powered showcase featuring a cast of local performers and musicians in 'Mimesis': the act of resembling, the act of expression, the presentation of the self," according to curators Shellee Sepko, Rhi Winders and Elizabeth Hart.
The performance begins at 8 p.m. Friday at the Grass Valley Opera House, 120 Joerschke Drive. Tickets are $10 and are available at Brown Paper Tickets (http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/663000), by calling 530-265-1955 or at the door the night of the event.
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed