Documentary on energy crisis to screen Sunday
July 18, 2013
"Blind Spot," a documentary film that illustrates the current oil and energy crisis that the world is facing, will be shown at 7 p.m. Sunday, at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 South Church St. in Grass Valley.
The film will be introduced by tar sands action arrestees Jordan and Karen Perry, who will lead a discussion of fracking, mountaintop removal, the Keystone XL Pipeline, and other controversial energy issues.
The free event is part of a series presented by the Green Sanctuary Committee of the church. Donations will be accepted.
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom