Documentary on energy crisis to screen Sunday
July 18, 2013
"Blind Spot," a documentary film that illustrates the current oil and energy crisis that the world is facing, will be shown at 7 p.m. Sunday, at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 South Church St. in Grass Valley.
The film will be introduced by tar sands action arrestees Jordan and Karen Perry, who will lead a discussion of fracking, mountaintop removal, the Keystone XL Pipeline, and other controversial energy issues.
The free event is part of a series presented by the Green Sanctuary Committee of the church. Donations will be accepted.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash