Documentary on energy crisis to screen Sunday
July 18, 2013
"Blind Spot," a documentary film that illustrates the current oil and energy crisis that the world is facing, will be shown at 7 p.m. Sunday, at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 South Church St. in Grass Valley.
The film will be introduced by tar sands action arrestees Jordan and Karen Perry, who will lead a discussion of fracking, mountaintop removal, the Keystone XL Pipeline, and other controversial energy issues.
The free event is part of a series presented by the Green Sanctuary Committee of the church. Donations will be accepted.
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later