Civil War exhibit continues at Nevada City’s Rood Center
July 5, 2014
"California and the Civil War," a history exhibit by Richard Hurley and TJ Meekins, authors of "Queen of the Northern Mines," continues at the Rood Center during the month of July.
Panels illustrated with fine art, photos, and maps trace the political history of American California from the Mexican War to the War Between the States. Portraits of soldiers and statesmen round out the exhibit, with music covers and fashion plates of the era. Appropriate for teens and up.
The Rood Government Center, 950 Maidu Drive in Nevada City, is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The free exhibit begins on the second floor.
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom