‘Chasing Ice’ focus of film forum
March 26, 2014
The Fourth Friday Film Forum will screen "Chasing Ice" at 7 p.m. Friday.
Filmed by nature photographer James Balog and directed by Jeff Orlowsk, this 2012 documentary films one man's mission to change the tide of history by gathering undeniable evidence of climate change.
Using time-lapse cameras, Balog's videos compress years into seconds and captures ancient mountains of ice in motion as they disappear at a breathtaking rate. "Chasing Ice" runs for 80 minutes, followed by a discussion.
There is a suggested donation of $5 to $10, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
Tea and dessert will be available.
The event is sponsored by the Peace & Justice Center of Nevada County and the UUCM Social Action Coordinating Committee.
It will be hosted at the UU Community of the Mountains, 246 S. Church St., Grass Valley.
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo