‘Chasing Ice’ focus of film forum
March 26, 2014
The Fourth Friday Film Forum will screen “Chasing Ice” at 7 p.m. Friday.
Filmed by nature photographer James Balog and directed by Jeff Orlowsk, this 2012 documentary films one man’s mission to change the tide of history by gathering undeniable evidence of climate change.
Using time-lapse cameras, Balog’s videos compress years into seconds and captures ancient mountains of ice in motion as they disappear at a breathtaking rate. “Chasing Ice” runs for 80 minutes, followed by a discussion.
There is a suggested donation of $5 to $10, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
Tea and dessert will be available.
The event is sponsored by the Peace & Justice Center of Nevada County and the UUCM Social Action Coordinating Committee.
It will be hosted at the UU Community of the Mountains, 246 S. Church St., Grass Valley.
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers