Best Bets for fun things to do Friday
November 16, 2012
‘My Spiritual Death,’
Actress, playwright and comedienne Katie Rubin takes aim at spirituality, family trauma and addiction tonight in her latest tour de force. Show starts at 8 p.m. at St. Joseph’s Cultural Center, 410 South Church St. in Grass Valley. For information, call (530) 913-0604.
The Cairo Gang at the Haven in Nevada City
An evening of avant-garde, genre-bending music by The Cairo Gang and Joshua Abrams Natural Information, both notables in the Chicago music scene. Music begins at 9 p.m. at the Haven Underground, 226 Broad St. in Nevada City. For information, call (530) 264-6900.
Pianist Jim Brickman performs holiday concert
Romantic American songwriter and pianist Jim Brickman brings his pop-style instrumentalist music to The Center for the Arts for a holiday concert, “On a Winter’s Night.” Music begins at 8 p.m. at 314 W. Main St. in Grass Valley. For information, call (530) 274-8384, ext. 14.
Food & Film Series presents ‘The Thin Man’
A special screening of the classic “The Thin Man” is part of the Food & Film Series, which pairs movies with theme-related fine dining. Doors open at 7 p.m. at The Miners Foundry Cultural Center, 325 Spring St. in Nevada City. For information, call (530) 265-5462.
Trending In: Entertainment Briefs
- Defense attorneys continue to question credibility of Nevada County Sheriff’s narcotics detective
- Probe shut down: Former ADA allegedly forced to resign after investigation into narcotics detective
- John Foster, former Grass Valley police chief, announces run for sheriff
- Documents disclosed in case involving Nevada County Sheriff’s narcotics detective
- Sheriff Keith Royal: I intend to retire at end of this term