Colla Voce rings in holiday season in Grass Valley and Auburn
December 1, 2016
KNOW & GO
Who: Colla Voce Chamber Singers
What: “Luminous Night” Concert
Where and When:
Dec. 8, 7 p.m., Pioneer Methodist Church, 1338 Lincoln Way, Auburn
Dec. 10, 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 1979 Ridge Road, Grass Valley*
Dec. 11, 3 p.m., State Theater, 985 Lincoln Way, Auburn*
Dec. 11, 7 p.m., State Theater, 985 Lincoln Way, Auburn
* These concerts will also feature the Colla Voce Children’s Chorus.
Tickets: Adults $18, Seniors/Students $16, Children $3
Groups of 10 or more tickets purchased together receive a 10 percent discount
Colla Voce Chamber Singers will usher in the holidays with "Luminous Night," performed at four shows on three dates this month in Grass Valley and Auburn.
The concert features Ola Gjeilo's "Luminous Night of the Soul" as the centerpiece, surrounded by holiday favorites that include "Winter Wonderland," an arrangement of "Angels We Have Heard on High," "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," two Pentatonix favorites and many more, according to a press release.
The concert will also include a string quartet with local violinists Richard Altenbach and Nancy Hill, as well as Nevada County's own Emma McAllister, a graduate student in violin performance at Long Beach State.
Award-winning storyteller Joan Stockbridge will share tantalizing tales of the season, the release states. The National Storytelling Network honored Stockbridge this summer with the Oracle Award for service and leadership.
The Colla Voce Children's Chorus will join for two of the four shows.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Placer County authorities release ID of victim in fatal Friday wreck