Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal officially swore in a number of new hires Monday morning at the Rood Center. Two new deputies were sworn in — Joshua Stanis and Christopher Risser. Stanis previously served as a bailiff in court security with the Contra Costa Sheriff’s Office, while Risser graduated from Chico State and from the Butte College Basic Law Enforcement Academy. Threw new correctional hires were also sworn in — Matthew Harrison, Matthew Morgan and Zachary Snook. The other new hires recognized were legal office assistants Gerry Barriger and Liv Thomson, and jail cook Michael O’Dell. Shown above, left to right, are Risser, Stanis, Morgan, Harrison, Snook and Royal.
Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal swears in new hires
Trending in: Activities & Events
- In search of salmon
- Baez, John Mayall sell out weekend shows
- Into the wild: Scout Troop 783 heads to New Mexico for 11-day wilderness adventure
- Land trust treks coming up in Aug.
- Penn Valley wreck leaves man in critical condition
- Police blotter: Home invasion robbery reported in Camptonville
- Twenty years later, questions still linger in Sam Strange double-homicide case that shook Nevada County
- Man offered plea deal in sex case
- Conservation collaboration: Water recycled for training use by firefighters