Double Oak Vineyards & Winery reports that they did well in the recent wine competitions.
During the 2013 season, the San Juan Ridge winery earned the following awards:
• The 2009 Merlot won a Double Gold at the New World International; and Bronze medals at the El Dorado and Amador County Fairs.
• The 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon won a Gold at the Calaveras County Fair; Silvers at the New World International, the Pacific Rim, the Orange County Wine Society and the Amador County Fair.
• The 2009 Zinfandel won a Silver at the Pacific Rim Wine Competition and a Bronze at the Amador County Fair.
• The 2008 Zinfandel won a Silver at the El Dorado County Fair.
• And the 2011 Rosé won Bronze medals at the Calaveras and Amador County Fairs.
All these award winning wines are available for tasting and purchase at the Double Oak Vineyards & Winery tasting room from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. every Saturday.
Double Oak is located at 14510 Blind Shady Rd., in Nevada City. For more information go to www.DoubleOakWinery.com or call 530-292-3235.