Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Activities & Events
- Discovery of $100K during traffic stop leads to arrest
- Grass Valley man stays patient, positive while awaiting kidney donor
- Accused burglar takes seven-year prison deal in multiple Nevada County cases
- Friends organize Nevada City fundraiser to support family of Jodanna Bishop
- Suspicious death in Washington ruled homicide, man ID'ed