Troubadour Trouble will play at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Old 5Mile House. Featuring Stephen Holland on vocals and guitar, Gary Upton on sax, Bill Douglass on bass and Kit Bailey on percussion, the band offers a unique blend of Brazilian, South American, jazz and folk music. Many of their songs are original compositions, and much is pure improvisation. It is a sound both refined and earthy, good for eyes-closed contemplation, good for dancing through the night, good for dining, chatting, listening. All ages. No cover.
- Annual Artisans Festival returns with new features Nov. 28 and 29
- Open case from 2009 leads to man’s arrest on drug and weapons charges
- Judge sets case of Nevada County holistic physician for trial
- Nevada County reports solid growth in local agriculture
- Police blotter: Woman wants to escape from fast food line