Troubadour Trouble will play at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Old 5Mile House. Featuring Stephen Holland on vocals and guitar, Gary Upton on sax, Bill Douglass on bass and Kit Bailey on percussion, the band offers a unique blend of Brazilian, South American, jazz and folk music. Many of their songs are original compositions, and much is pure improvisation. It is a sound both refined and earthy, good for eyes-closed contemplation, good for dancing through the night, good for dining, chatting, listening. All ages. No cover.
Troubadour Trouble at Old 5Mile
- Homeless remains identified as brother of former Grass Valley police chief
- Missing Colfax man found dead in vehicle near Weimar
- Former Backroom Steakhouse in Peardale burns to ground
- Four arrested after hash-oil explosion at Truckee apartment
- High-speed chase ends when fleeing motorcyclist’s engine dies