Troubadour Trouble will play at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Old 5Mile House. Featuring Stephen Holland on vocals and guitar, Gary Upton on sax, Bill Douglass on bass and Kit Bailey on percussion, the band offers a unique blend of Brazilian, South American, jazz and folk music. Many of their songs are original compositions, and much is pure improvisation. It is a sound both refined and earthy, good for eyes-closed contemplation, good for dancing through the night, good for dining, chatting, listening. All ages. No cover.
- Nevada County Supervisor Terry Lamphier issues statement regarding criminal investigation
- Writers in the Woods: Award-winning outdoor adventure writer to share his experiences at Sierra Nevada College
- Case involving drugs hidden in block of wood to move forward
- YubaNet: ‘Web-page visit’ not what it seems in Lamphier investigation
- Roads closed in downtown GV for Halloween