Troubadour Trouble will play at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Old 5Mile House. Featuring Stephen Holland on vocals and guitar, Gary Upton on sax, Bill Douglass on bass and Kit Bailey on percussion, the band offers a unique blend of Brazilian, South American, jazz and folk music. Many of their songs are original compositions, and much is pure improvisation. It is a sound both refined and earthy, good for eyes-closed contemplation, good for dancing through the night, good for dining, chatting, listening. All ages. No cover.
Troubadour Trouble at Old 5Mile
Trending in: Activities & Events
- Marsalis, Nash drawn to county’s collaborative arts community
- March medley: A mix of rain, sun and blossoms
- ’40 Ford pickup: A ‘sanitary’ street rod
- Three dimensional portraits by Penn Valley artist on exhibit in Tahoe City
- Making music accessible: Community Jam gets back in tune Monday
- Grass Valley movie theater employee reportedly embezzled thousands
- Proposed Grass Valley shopping center bad for small business?
- Jaguar totaled after GPS leads couple into Nevada County mudhole
- Involuntary manslaughter charges contemplated in Tahoe Hotshot death
- Candidate filing creates race for Nevada County Superintendent of Schools