Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
- Homeless remains identified as brother of former Grass Valley police chief
- Former Backroom Steakhouse in Peardale burns to ground
- Four arrested after hash-oil explosion at Truckee apartment
- Missing Colfax man found dead in vehicle near Weimar
- High-speed chase ends when fleeing motorcyclist’s engine dies