Worth the drive: Achilles Wheel hits Nevada stage
December 27, 2012
Nevada City-based jam band Achilles Wheel will bring its high-energy rock ‘n’ roll to the Silver State for a Sunday show at the Crystal Bay Club.
Achilles Wheel has had a busy debut year with gigs around Nevada County and a breakout performance at the 2012 Kate Wolf Music Festival. With Jonny Mojo on lead guitar and vocals, Paul Kamm and Shelby Snow on rhythm, bass and vocals and Gary Campus and Mark McCartney on drums and vocals, they have made an impression on audiences around Northern California.
Earlier this year they released a debut CD, “13 Hours” — named for the 13 hours of recording in one day at the Nevada Theater in Nevada City. Most recently, Achilles Wheel was a finalist with its song “Got A Tattoo” in the “Race to TRI” song contest, a premier audio/video production studio run by Bob Weir, according to the band’s website.
Catch Achilles Wheel for free at 9 p.m. Sunday in the Red Room at Crystal Bay Club, near state line, 14 Nevada 28, Crystal Bay.
If weather permits the trip this weekend, Achilles Wheel will return to Nevada City for a New Year’s Eve performance at Miners Foundry Cultural Center.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows