Worth the drive: Achilles Wheel hits Nevada stage
December 27, 2012
Nevada City-based jam band Achilles Wheel will bring its high-energy rock 'n' roll to the Silver State for a Sunday show at the Crystal Bay Club.
Achilles Wheel has had a busy debut year with gigs around Nevada County and a breakout performance at the 2012 Kate Wolf Music Festival. With Jonny Mojo on lead guitar and vocals, Paul Kamm and Shelby Snow on rhythm, bass and vocals and Gary Campus and Mark McCartney on drums and vocals, they have made an impression on audiences around Northern California.
Earlier this year they released a debut CD, "13 Hours" — named for the 13 hours of recording in one day at the Nevada Theater in Nevada City. Most recently, Achilles Wheel was a finalist with its song "Got A Tattoo" in the "Race to TRI" song contest, a premier audio/video production studio run by Bob Weir, according to the band's website.
Catch Achilles Wheel for free at 9 p.m. Sunday in the Red Room at Crystal Bay Club, near state line, 14 Nevada 28, Crystal Bay.
If weather permits the trip this weekend, Achilles Wheel will return to Nevada City for a New Year's Eve performance at Miners Foundry Cultural Center.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death