Wonderland comes to Penn Valley
March 1, 2013
On the Towne Community Theatre will present its final performance of "Alice in Wonderland" at 7 p.m. today.
Lewis Carroll and his young friend Alice are enjoying a warm summer day taking pictures. Alice convinces Lewis to tell her a story. Lewis is happy to oblige and proceeds to describe Wonderland. The fresh air and the warm sun rays relax Alice to the point where she is about to drift off, when suddenly she meets a white rabbit, who is apparently very late. Curiosity gets the best of Alice and she follows the rabbit down his hole and ends up falling into Wonderland.
Join a cast of 6- to 12-year-olds as On the Towne Community Theatre presents their version of "Alice in Wonderland." Watch as Alice explores Wonderland where she meets a Mad Hatter and joins his crazy tea party. She also runs into a cool caterpillar, a smiling cat and a vengeful Queen.
"Alice in Wonderland" will be at Ready Springs School, in Penn Valley. Tickets are only $5 for children and $8 for adults. Call 530-205-9652 for more information.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Rethinking the lawn
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public