Walkers: Harvest moon beckons kayakers to Scotts Flat
October 5, 2012
Regularly scheduled activities with the Nevada County Walkers
Sunday Walk – 9 a.m. – Nevada City Deer Creek Tribute Trail: Meet at Bennett and Spring streets and walk to Deer Creek. Round trip 4.8 miles.
Monday Walk – 9 a.m. – Gracie Canal – Meet at the trailhead parking lot at the corner of Gracie Road and Banner Lava Cap in Nevada City. Distance: 2-6 miles.
Tuesday Walk – 9 a.m. – Empire Mine State Historic Park: Meet at Penn Gate for this 4-mile walk.
“It’s going to be quiet. There’s not going to be anyone out there but us.”
— Mary cahill,
Nevada County Walkers founder and organizer
Wednesday Walk – 9 a.m. – One Step at a Time! Meet at the Nevada County Fairgrounds (drive into Gate 4 and proceed to pay booth marked Gate 5). This walking group is for seniors, beginning walkers and those healing from illness or surgery.
Thursday Walk – 5:30 p.m. – Meet at Chamber of Commerce at 123 Main Street in downtown Nevada City. A different walk is arranged each week exploring the historic town.
Friday – 9 a.m. – Hirschman's Trail – A no-host walk that meets at the billboard at the trailhead, 115 Cement Hill Road, Nevada City. Up to 4.4 miles.
For more information: http://www.meetup.com/Nevada-County-Walkers/ or (530) 798-9601
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton