Village Folk Orkestra returns to Nevada City
March 21, 2013
The foothills' own Balkan band, Village Folk Orkestra, returns to Nevada City Friday to play authentic music of Eastern Europe. The band keeps adding new tunes, this time featuring traditional dance music that has just immigrated here from Greece, Bulgaria and Albania.
The Fellowship Hall at Nevada City United Methodist Church, 433 Broad St., will be set up for both listening and dancing. From 7 to 8 p.m., local dancers and visitor Roy Butler will review steps and styles for a few newly learned pieces from Eastern Europe. From 8 p.m., Village Folk Orkestra will play live. Any donation gets you in, and most of the dances don't require a partner.
For information about this dance or about the ongoing series, call 530-272 4650.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death