Village Folk Orkestra returns to Nevada City
March 21, 2013
The foothills' own Balkan band, Village Folk Orkestra, returns to Nevada City Friday to play authentic music of Eastern Europe. The band keeps adding new tunes, this time featuring traditional dance music that has just immigrated here from Greece, Bulgaria and Albania.
The Fellowship Hall at Nevada City United Methodist Church, 433 Broad St., will be set up for both listening and dancing. From 7 to 8 p.m., local dancers and visitor Roy Butler will review steps and styles for a few newly learned pieces from Eastern Europe. From 8 p.m., Village Folk Orkestra will play live. Any donation gets you in, and most of the dances don't require a partner.
For information about this dance or about the ongoing series, call 530-272 4650.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- For the love of animals: Find compassion in action at Animal Film Festival
- Commentary: Cars and coffee: a spontaneous showing of cars
- Blues Fusion dance welcomes live music Friday night
- ‘Tiny House, Big Living’ show looking for cast members on HGTV
- 3rd annual Animal Film Festival comes to Grass Valley Saturday
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana