Village Folk Orkestra returns to Nevada City
March 21, 2013
The foothills' own Balkan band, Village Folk Orkestra, returns to Nevada City Friday to play authentic music of Eastern Europe. The band keeps adding new tunes, this time featuring traditional dance music that has just immigrated here from Greece, Bulgaria and Albania.
The Fellowship Hall at Nevada City United Methodist Church, 433 Broad St., will be set up for both listening and dancing. From 7 to 8 p.m., local dancers and visitor Roy Butler will review steps and styles for a few newly learned pieces from Eastern Europe. From 8 p.m., Village Folk Orkestra will play live. Any donation gets you in, and most of the dances don't require a partner.
For information about this dance or about the ongoing series, call 530-272 4650.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier