Village Folk Orkestra returns to Nevada City
March 21, 2013
The foothills' own Balkan band, Village Folk Orkestra, returns to Nevada City Friday to play authentic music of Eastern Europe. The band keeps adding new tunes, this time featuring traditional dance music that has just immigrated here from Greece, Bulgaria and Albania.
The Fellowship Hall at Nevada City United Methodist Church, 433 Broad St., will be set up for both listening and dancing. From 7 to 8 p.m., local dancers and visitor Roy Butler will review steps and styles for a few newly learned pieces from Eastern Europe. From 8 p.m., Village Folk Orkestra will play live. Any donation gets you in, and most of the dances don't require a partner.
For information about this dance or about the ongoing series, call 530-272 4650.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- 1st ‘City of Light?’
- Best of the Fest: Outdoor screening revisits Nevada City Film Festival winners
- Bierwagen’s annual pumpkin patch brings families back out to the farm
- Denis Peirce: Despite disappointing salmon season, plenty of action on the Feather River
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit