Vegetable gardening workshop Saturday
March 11, 2014
On Saturday, the Master Gardener's will host a free workshop designed for new vegetable gardeners. "The Joy of Vegetable Gardening – A Workshop for Beginning Gardeners" may also be a good refresher for the more experienced garden hand.
It will be from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at the NID Annex at 1036 W. Main St., in Grass Valley.
Signs will direct you to the correct building. Seating is limited.
Topics will include:
— Services and support offered by the UCCE Master Gardener Program
— Planning a vegetable garden
— Basic tools you will need
— How and when to plant vegetables from seed and starts
— When and how to harvest
— How to water efficiently
— How to improve your soil
— Control of pests, disease and weeds
Vegetable gardening is becoming a very popular activity but can be intimidating for those who did not grow up in a gardening family.
With some basic information, vegetable gardening can be very easy.
It provides outdoor exercise and a good way to connect with nature.
For more information or other upcoming workshops, visit http://ncmg.ucanr.org/.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Music in the Mountains’ resident conductor wins the American Prize
- Trails in bloom: Late rains resurrect wildflower season
- Common-cure ’70 Chevy C10 short-bed fleetside pickup
- Dazzling display: Wildflowers on tap with guided tours available throughout the Sierra foothills