Vegetable gardening workshop Saturday
March 11, 2014
On Saturday, the Master Gardener's will host a free workshop designed for new vegetable gardeners. "The Joy of Vegetable Gardening – A Workshop for Beginning Gardeners" may also be a good refresher for the more experienced garden hand.
It will be from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at the NID Annex at 1036 W. Main St., in Grass Valley.
Signs will direct you to the correct building. Seating is limited.
Topics will include:
— Services and support offered by the UCCE Master Gardener Program
— Planning a vegetable garden
— Basic tools you will need
— How and when to plant vegetables from seed and starts
— When and how to harvest
— How to water efficiently
— How to improve your soil
— Control of pests, disease and weeds
Vegetable gardening is becoming a very popular activity but can be intimidating for those who did not grow up in a gardening family.
With some basic information, vegetable gardening can be very easy.
It provides outdoor exercise and a good way to connect with nature.
For more information or other upcoming workshops, visit http://ncmg.ucanr.org/.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)