April 4, 2014
As the number of visitors steadily increases every year for the annual 10,000 tulip event, Springtime At Ananda, so does the number of tulips planted.
Last year Crystal Hermitage Gardens hosted more than 5,000 visitors from as far away as Maine, steadily increasing attendance every year from the 500 visitors of the first year.
This year, approximately 13,500 Dutch tulip bulbs have been planted to guarantee the most spectacular display to date and a garden lover's paradise, according to Ananda.
In addition to the array of colorful tulips, Crystal Hermitage Gardens offers a rainbow of other seasonal flowers and blooming shrubs and trees overlooking the expansive view of the Sierra Nevada foothills, the Tahoe National Forest and the Yuba River.
Visitors are welcome to explore the upper terraced gardens and follow the meandering paths by pools, waterfalls, statuary, the award-winning chapel inspired by the Little Church of St. Francis in Assisi and down to the lower gardens and pool, which the rest of the year are open by appointment.
This family friendly event will also include weekend entertainment of instrumental music, singers, a PG Wodehouse play and other entertainment.
The maple scones will be served once again and visitors can reserve a spot for lunch at the Expanding Light Retreat, which also provides overnight accommodations.
Visitors can also picnic at Master's Market in downtown Ananda Village and relax on the village green for a leisurely afternoon.
Admission is $5 per person; children 12 and under are free; season passes are $15. Springtime at Ananda will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, beginning this weekend and running through April 26-27.
Visitors and groups are also welcome weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. For directions, go to Ananda Village's website.
For more information, garden bloom updates and weekend activity schedules, visit: http://www.crystalhermitage.org.
Ananda Village was founded in 1968 and is one of the longest existing cooperative spiritual communities in the world.
Crystal Hermitage and the gardens are considered to be the 'spiritual heart' of Ananda Village.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier