Theatre of illusion to appear in GV Saturday
April 9, 2014
KNOW & GO
WHO: The Center for the Arts presents
WHAT: The Spencers: Theatre of Illusion
WHEN: 8 p.m. Saturday, April 12
WHERE: The Center for the Arts
314 W Main Street, Grass Valley
TICKETS: $28 members, $32 non-member
The Center Box Office – 530-274-8384 ext 14
BriarPatch Co-op Community Market – 530-272-5333
Tickets online at http://www.thecenterforthearts.org
With the ranks of Doug Henning, Penn & Teller and David Copperfield, the award-winning, Spencers Theatre of Illusion is one of the largest touring illusion productions on the road.
They will make a stop in Grass Valley Saturday for a show presented by the Center for the Arts.
The magical couple has earned more than 20 national awards.
Arts event programmers have named them Performing Arts Entertainers of the Year six times and their peers recognized them as "the best of the best" by naming them International Magicians of the Year.
Just moments after Kevin and Cindy Spencer take to the stage audiences will find themselves crossing over into a threshold of disbelief.
The duo presents a big, high-tech stage show that combines drama, comedy, romance, and suspense with elaborate stage illusions known for special effects and set design.
Working with some of the leading creators, inventors, designers, and builders in the industry, the Spencers feature many original illusions that won't be seen anywhere else.
The production is a unique fusion of magic and illusion, humor and mystery, and persona and personality. Kevin Spencer puts his background in clinical psychology to good use.
"I was going to help people's minds, but now I just mess with them," he said.
Tickets for the 8 p.m. show are available at the Center's Box Office in person, by phone at 530-274-8384 ext. 14, online at http://www.thecenterforthearts.org or at BriarPatch Co-op.
For more about the Spencers, go to http://www.theatreofillusion.com.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- ’80s stalwarts The Psychedelic Furs coming to Grass Valley in July
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death