Theater by the Book returns with ‘Sleuth’
May 15, 2013
On Wednesday, Sierra Stages and Miners Foundry Cultural Center will present "Sleuth" by Anthony Shaffer as the second in its series of informal play readings titled "Theater by the Book."
The one-night-only reading will be at 7:30 p.m. at the Miners Foundry in Nevada City. Admission is free with a suggested donation of $10 to cover costs. There are no advance tickets. The doors open at 7 p.m. Refreshments will be available for purchase.
"Sleuth" is a first-class thriller with a plot that twists and turns with fiendish cunning, an atmosphere of extreme suspense and a staggering outcome. It is also a brilliant parody of the country house thriller and a dramatic portrayal of the conflict and jealously between an older man and his younger rival.
The reading of "Sleuth" is directed by Susan Mason, and the cast includes Jeffrey Mason and Danny McCammon.
Following "Sleuth," the Theater by the Book series will continue with the comedy "Lettice & Lovage" by Peter Shaffer June 19.
Miners Foundry is located at 325 Spring St. in Nevada City.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison