The Nibblers bring award-winning sound to Cooper’s
September 13, 2012
Sacramento band The Nibblers will bring its "rocking soul funk explosion" musical stylings to Cooper's Ale Works at 9 p.m. Saturday. The eight-piece band presents "a riotous update on vintage soul and R&B," according to http://www.nibblersband.com.
With a combination of funky New Orleans-inspired horns, soulful vocals and hard-hitting pockets, the band is rapidly gaining attention on the regional music scene. In 2010 and 2011, The Nibblers were awarded a Sacramento Area Music Award (SAMMIE) for best Funk and R&B band. The band has also played for former vice president Al Gore, Current TV, High Sierra Music Festival, numerous private events and intergalactic festivities, according to its website.
This is the premier Nevada City performance for the band. There is a $10 cover charge.
For information about The Nibblers or to hear their music, go to http://www.thenibblers.com. Cooper's is located at 235 Commerical St. in Nevada City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton