The Nibblers bring award-winning sound to Cooper’s
September 13, 2012
Sacramento band The Nibblers will bring its "rocking soul funk explosion" musical stylings to Cooper's Ale Works at 9 p.m. Saturday. The eight-piece band presents "a riotous update on vintage soul and R&B," according to http://www.nibblersband.com.
With a combination of funky New Orleans-inspired horns, soulful vocals and hard-hitting pockets, the band is rapidly gaining attention on the regional music scene. In 2010 and 2011, The Nibblers were awarded a Sacramento Area Music Award (SAMMIE) for best Funk and R&B band. The band has also played for former vice president Al Gore, Current TV, High Sierra Music Festival, numerous private events and intergalactic festivities, according to its website.
This is the premier Nevada City performance for the band. There is a $10 cover charge.
For information about The Nibblers or to hear their music, go to http://www.thenibblers.com. Cooper's is located at 235 Commerical St. in Nevada City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws