The Nibblers bring award-winning sound to Cooper’s
September 13, 2012
Sacramento band The Nibblers will bring its "rocking soul funk explosion" musical stylings to Cooper's Ale Works at 9 p.m. Saturday. The eight-piece band presents "a riotous update on vintage soul and R&B," according to http://www.nibblersband.com.
With a combination of funky New Orleans-inspired horns, soulful vocals and hard-hitting pockets, the band is rapidly gaining attention on the regional music scene. In 2010 and 2011, The Nibblers were awarded a Sacramento Area Music Award (SAMMIE) for best Funk and R&B band. The band has also played for former vice president Al Gore, Current TV, High Sierra Music Festival, numerous private events and intergalactic festivities, according to its website.
This is the premier Nevada City performance for the band. There is a $10 cover charge.
For information about The Nibblers or to hear their music, go to http://www.thenibblers.com. Cooper's is located at 235 Commerical St. in Nevada City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash