The Nibblers bring award-winning sound to Cooper’s
September 13, 2012
Sacramento band The Nibblers will bring its "rocking soul funk explosion" musical stylings to Cooper's Ale Works at 9 p.m. Saturday. The eight-piece band presents "a riotous update on vintage soul and R&B," according to http://www.nibblersband.com.
With a combination of funky New Orleans-inspired horns, soulful vocals and hard-hitting pockets, the band is rapidly gaining attention on the regional music scene. In 2010 and 2011, The Nibblers were awarded a Sacramento Area Music Award (SAMMIE) for best Funk and R&B band. The band has also played for former vice president Al Gore, Current TV, High Sierra Music Festival, numerous private events and intergalactic festivities, according to its website.
This is the premier Nevada City performance for the band. There is a $10 cover charge.
For information about The Nibblers or to hear their music, go to http://www.thenibblers.com. Cooper's is located at 235 Commerical St. in Nevada City.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Sierra Master Chorale and Orchestra spring concerts orchestrated to ‘lift, renew’ spirits
- Comedian Kathy Griffin coming to Grass Valley in June
- Sierra Cinemas presents NT Live Edward Albee’s ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball