The Nibblers bring award-winning sound to Cooper’s
September 13, 2012
Sacramento band The Nibblers will bring its "rocking soul funk explosion" musical stylings to Cooper's Ale Works at 9 p.m. Saturday. The eight-piece band presents "a riotous update on vintage soul and R&B," according to http://www.nibblersband.com.
With a combination of funky New Orleans-inspired horns, soulful vocals and hard-hitting pockets, the band is rapidly gaining attention on the regional music scene. In 2010 and 2011, The Nibblers were awarded a Sacramento Area Music Award (SAMMIE) for best Funk and R&B band. The band has also played for former vice president Al Gore, Current TV, High Sierra Music Festival, numerous private events and intergalactic festivities, according to its website.
This is the premier Nevada City performance for the band. There is a $10 cover charge.
For information about The Nibblers or to hear their music, go to http://www.thenibblers.com. Cooper's is located at 235 Commerical St. in Nevada City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire