The Floyd brings classic rock to Foundry
June 19, 2014
KNOW & GO
WHO: The Floyd
WHEN: 9 p.m. Friday, June 20, Doors 8 p.m.
WHERE: Miners Foundry Cultural Center, 325 Spring Street, Nevada City
TICKETS: Tickets are $20 Advance General Admission, $25 Door General Admission, and $30 Limited Reserve. Tickets are available online at http://www.minersfoundry.org, by phone or in person at the Miners Foundry, and in person at BriarPatch Co-Op.
This Friday, the sounds and sights of Pink Floyd come to the Miners Foundry Cultural Center. The Floyd, one of the leading Pink Floyd tribute acts, makes its Nevada County debut, with a two-hour multi-media, rock and roll concert that spans nearly two decades of Pink Floyd's history, recreating many of the greatest moments from "Meddle," "The Dark Side of the Moon," "Animals," "Wish You Were Here," "The Wall," and "Momentary Lapse of Reason." The band has world-class musicianship, a stunning visual show and a great rapport with their audiences.
Pink Floyd is considered one of rock's most successful and influential acts. They are best known for their use of philosophical lyrics, sonic experimentation and elaborate live shows. For the last five years, The Floyd has been sharing Pink Floyd's psychedelic, progressive rock with thousands of new and old fans. The Floyd has performed sold-out concerts at Montbleu Theater, The Crest Theater, The El Rey Theater, The Crystal Bay Club and The Knitting Factory.
The Floyd features a line-up of four gifted musicians, including Dean Rossi on drums and percussion, lead vocalist and guitarist Vince Gates, keyboardist Rob Lawrence, and Curt Mitchell on guitars, vocals, bass.
The Floyd also boasts a stellar laser and lighting team that are just as impressive as the musicians. Todd Rold, lead audio engineer, has been a professional audio engineer for nearly thirty years. He has toured the world with many national touring acts including Blue Man Group, Smokey Joe's Cafe, Paul Thorn and many others.
Franklin Brock, lead technical director, has over 20 years in the professional entertainment industry. He has worn many hats in support of national touring artists such as Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Howie Mandel, Boston, Donna Summer, and Kenny Wayne Sheppard.
Rounding out the rest of the team is Tim Ranalla, Tomas Sipaila and Alex Selemenev on lighting, projections and lasers.
Friday's show kicks off at 9 p.m., with doors opening at 8. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door and $30 for limited reserve. Tickets are available online at http://www.minersfoundry.org, by phone or in person at the Miners Foundry, and in person at BriarPatch Co-Op.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Organic farming going strong with next generation at Bakbraken Acres
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed