Texas singer-songwriter Gilmore to perform Sunday in Nevada City
November 14, 2013
This Sunday, Austin, Texas, singer-songwriter Colin Gilmore will perform an intimate concert at California Organics Café.
Gilmore grew up in Lubbock, Texas, spending many nights as a child in nightclubs like Stubbs, where he witnessed songwriters like Joe Ely, Terry Allen and his own father, legendary country music singer Jimmie Dale Gilmore, bring the stage to life. He developed a taste for Buddy Holly, Townes Van Zandt and bands like The Clash and The Pogues.
His last album, "Goodnight Lane," won fans across the world and critical acclaim. The Huffington Post called the album the "Best Americana/Singer-Songwriter Album of 2013."
Colin's new release, "The Wild and Hollow," marks a departure from "Goodnight Lane" sonically and stylistically. The recordings took place in Austin and Chicago. The album features two songs by Gilmore's lifelong friend Johnny Walker of Archive War and Ignorance Park. He tours in the U.S., Japan and Italy.
Tickets for the 6:30 p.m. show are $10 to $20 suggested donation at the door.
California Organics Café is located at 135 Argall Way, Nevada City. For information, visit http://californiaorganics.com.
To listen to "The Wild and Hollow," go to http://colingilmore.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- SummerFest: Six Music in the Mountains concerts offer range of venues, styles
- Coriander boom taking root in Japan
- Rough and Ready Secession Days Chili Cook-off set for June 25
- Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice: Movies Under the Pines brings back classic comedy
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Placer County authorities release ID of victim in fatal Friday wreck