Tahoe Rim Trail Survey needs volunteers
July 25, 2014
Ever wonder how many people really use the Tahoe Rim Trail each year? The TRTA has received an "On Our Way" grant from the TRPA to help to determine the numbers and types of users on the Tahoe Rim Trail.
They need volunteers at all of their trailheads around the basin to interact with the hikers, bikers and equestrians and ask them questions to gather information about the users of this trail.
The aim of this project is to collect data that will be used to encourage and improve alternative modes of transportation to the TRT trailheads. The more volunteers they have, the more accurate data can be collected, according to the organization.
The survey takes place Saturday. TRTA needs at least 70-100 volunteers for the day to cover all the trailheads. You can choose from various locations and times.
Register for the event at tahoerimtrail.org/.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation