Tahoe Rim Trail Survey needs volunteers
July 25, 2014
Ever wonder how many people really use the Tahoe Rim Trail each year? The TRTA has received an "On Our Way" grant from the TRPA to help to determine the numbers and types of users on the Tahoe Rim Trail.
They need volunteers at all of their trailheads around the basin to interact with the hikers, bikers and equestrians and ask them questions to gather information about the users of this trail.
The aim of this project is to collect data that will be used to encourage and improve alternative modes of transportation to the TRT trailheads. The more volunteers they have, the more accurate data can be collected, according to the organization.
The survey takes place Saturday. TRTA needs at least 70-100 volunteers for the day to cover all the trailheads. You can choose from various locations and times.
Register for the event at tahoerimtrail.org/.
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Patti Bess: ‘A little patch of paradise’ at Sweet Roots Farm in Grass Valley
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Kid-friendly summer camps in Nevada County area
- Blue Lake: a not-so-hidden gem in the Tahoe forest (VIDEO)
- Denis Peirce: That’s how we troll — on Lake Almanor
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance