Tahoe associations offer summer camps
May 9, 2013
The Tahoe Rim Trail Association, the Tahoe Institute for Natural Science, and the American Red Cross are partnering for their sixth annual Youth Backcountry Camp summer program. All teens (ages 12-17) are invited to attend one of their three-, five, or six-day programs and partake in an inspiring wilderness experience.
Teens will learn about: Wilderness First Aid, navigation (map/compass and GPS), Leave No Trace wilderness ethics, local ecology, geology, backcountry cooking and nutrition. Participants will backpack between 2 and 9 miles per day and participate in a service learning project improving part of the Tahoe Rim Trail.
This year's camps are set for :
• Wilderness First Aid (5-day) ages 14-17 – July 14-18
• Desolation Wilderness (6-day) ages 14-17 – July 22-27
• Mt. Rose Wilderness (3-day) ages 12-14 – July 29-31
Gear, food and transportation will be provided for all participants. All programs are instructed by experienced and well-trained staff from the TRTA, TINS and ARC. Scholarships are available. To determine your eligibility, please contact Hayley by phone at 775-298-0238 or email email@example.com.
The Tahoe Institute for Natural Science, with support from the Tahoe Rim Trail Association, is offering summer day camps for kids aged 6-12. Campers go out to investigate bugs, forests and mud through these hands-on TINS summer camps.
Junior Entomologists 2013 (Ages 6-8) will be offered on the North Shore/Truckee: July 9-12 and in South Lake Tahoe July 30-Aug. 2.
Tahoe Explorers 2013 (Ages 9-12) will be at North Shore/Truckee: June 25-29 and in South Lake Tahoe: July 23-27.
All day camps are instructed by experienced and well-trained TINS staff. Member rates and scholarships are available. For information about TINS Summer Camps, please visit http://tinsweb.org or contact Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities and Events
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)
- Marijuana grow murder case in Nevada County judge’s hands